Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fem/Masc Found Poem

Hers
A tangerine joy fills me
as I notice that in this chapel of love,
with friends and family abounding,
my eyes are drawn solely to him.
A luminous moon highlights
the fierce panes of his face,
as everything else is tinged
with dark lights.
I thought I was a wild thing,
but he has tamed me,
made it so even I
don the age-old cliche-
something borrowed, something blue.
And then I see
his aqua chrome eyes.
There is no horizon in sight;
I am done for;
I am his.

His
I swear she has done something,
magic, voodoo, or prayers,
to set what some called
my ferrari black heart
in motion.
I feel her essence before
I see her; I smell her
sandalwood scent,
that essential contradiction
of her polished nature
and the woodsy smell.
But when I glimpse her,
finally,
a paradiso inferno is set alight
within my soul, and I know
this is no longer
just a one man show.

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

nice style of the two paragraphs. I like the way you organized your narratives.